American English Teacher
About the instructor
I've been teaching English for more than 10 years! My courses have reached more than 1,800 learners from 110 countries. My passion is helping English learners like you become fluent to reach your goals, whether that is speaking confidently with a customs agent when you travel, acing the TOEFL iBT, or getting a better job. I will help you become fluent in English.
contact me on twitter @allieteachesesl
What are students saying?
Have you studied English for years? Are you tired of always making mistakes when you speak, read and write? Did you score less than an 8 on the Speaking/Writing section of the IELTS test or less than an 100 on the TOEFL iBT? This short course is designed to help intermediate English learners (levels A2, B1 and B2) learn and avoid the most common errors that English learners make.
From nouns to verbs and prepositions, we'll cover a variety of topics. The verb "perfect" means to improve, and I created this course to help you realize simple errors, understand why they’re incorrect and provide you with the most natural way to say something like a native speaker would. Speaking English correctly and developing fluency takes time, and after this course you will be one step closer to becoming fluent.
Each short video lesson is 1 to 3 minutes. After each lesson, you can take a short 3-question quiz to test your understanding of the topic. You will also find a link to an additional resource to help you understand the topic.
You can complete this course in just a few hours! You can take the entire course from beginning to end or you can choose only the questions that you need help with.
Each lesson follows the same format.
- First, read the title of the lesson listed as “Error #: Incorrect Sentence”
- If you understand why the sentence is incorrect, you don’t need to watch that lesson, but if you don’t understand why the sentence is incorrect, you should complete the lesson.
- Second, Watch the lesson video.
- Third, Take the quiz.
- Fourth, Look at the links and read the content in the additional resources section
- Five, If you still do not understand a concept, message me (the instructor) for help on Udemy. I will usually respond within a few hours.
If you have been studying English for years, but still make mistakes and score less than an 8 on Speaking/Writing in the IELTS and less than an 100 on the TOEFL iBt, you need to take this course. After this course, you’ll understand how to avoid some of the most common errors.
The most important thing to remember is that I am always here to help you! Please don’t hesitate to send me a message!
Let’s finally take a step towards perfecting your English!
- Error 1 I need to do my profile appealing FREE PREVIEW
- Error 1 When to Use Make vs Do FREE PREVIEW
- Error 1 Quiz FREE PREVIEW
- Error 2 Have you ever been in Miami FREE PREVIEW
- Error 2 When to use in, at, on, and to FREE PREVIEW
- Error 2 Quiz FREE PREVIEW
- Error 3 To surf is my favorite hobby FREE PREVIEW
- Error 3 Using infinitives and gerunds FREE PREVIEW
- Error 3 Quiz FREE PREVIEW
- Error 4 I recommend you The Catcher in the Rye FREE PREVIEW
- Error 4 Using Recommend in a Sentence FREE PREVIEW
- Error 4 Quiz FREE PREVIEW
- Error 5 Have you Facebook FREE PREVIEW
- Error 5 Questions with Do and Does FREE PREVIEW
- Error 5 Quiz FREE PREVIEW
- Error 6 Do you know Los Angeles
- Error 6 Questions with have
- Error 6 Quiz
- Error 7 My cord is too small to reach the outlet
- Error 7 Small and Large Adjectives
- Error 7 Quiz
- Error 8 I'll have a big order of fries, please
- Error 8 Small and Large Adjectives
- Error 8 Quiz
- Error 9 I have a small work to finish.
- Error 9 The Difference Between Job, Work, and Career
- Error 9 Quiz
- Error 10 I downloaded 6 new musics today.
- Error 10 List of Uncountable Nouns
- Error 10 Quiz
- Error 11 A Pronunciation Tip
- Error 11 Quiz
- Error 11 Pronouncing Words that End in -ed
- Error 12 I search on the internet job skills.
- Error 12 Sentences with "Search"
- Error 12 Quiz
- Error 13 It's doing well.
- Error 13 Responding to "How are you?" and "How are things?"
- Error 13 Quiz
- Error 14 If I were you I would eat as much donuts as possible.
- Error 14 Many and Much
- Error 14 Quiz
- Error 15 He runs good
- Error 15 Good vs Well
- Error 15 Quiz
- Error 16 Billie said me he is hungry
- Error 16 Using Say and Tell
- Error 17 I will take that in mind
- Error 17 The Meaning of Take + Idioms
- Error 18 It is few pages long.
- Error 18 The Meaning of Few, Several, Couple, and similar words
- Error 18 Quiz
- Error 19 Neither Justin or Reuben made the team.
- Error 19 Either or; Neither Nor
- Error 19 Quiz
- Error 20 I studied during 5 years
- Error 20 Using For, During, and While
- Error 20 Quiz
- Error 21 I listen the dog barking
- Error 21 Listen vs Hear
- Error 21 Quiz
- Error 22 Listened vs. Heard
- Error 22 I heard your voicemail last night.
- Error 22 Quiz
- Error 23 You look to your mother
- Error 23 Look Like vs Is Like
- Error 23 Quiz
- Error 24 I'm going to mention about chemistry
- Error 24 Discussion "mention about"
- Error 24 Quiz
- Error 25 Are you going to my house tonight
- Error 25 Dave's ESL Cafe Come and Go
- Error 25 Proper Use of Coming and Going
- Error 25 Quiz